A Roof Inspection You Can Trust!
Western Pacific Roofing recommends that homeowners have their roof inspected on a regular basis. With our roof inspection you may catch potential problems early and potentially prevent them from becoming more serious.
We understand that making small repairs to your roof is never convenient, but the time and effort you spend now are nothing compared to what you could be dealing with in future if you don’t attend to them.
Roof Inspection Check List
What should be inspected once on the roof? We recommend you inspect the roof for the following conditions and correct them as soon as possible in order to avoid additional issues.:
- Clear loose debris from gutters.
- Check your roof for blisters and delamination.
- Make sure all sealants and caulkings are in
- Carefully inspect junctures at wall and equipment base flashings and pipe penetrations.
- Trim back any trees that hang over and are near
your roof to avoid future unnecessary debris.
- Remove all debris from the roof. Pipes, skylights, pitch pans, HVAC units and other equipment are perfect gathering locations for debris. It is important to remove all the debris because it traps and holds water, which will promote roof deterioration at a faster rate
- Visually inspect all your drains. Make sure they appear open and function properly. If a drain is clogged it should be flushed and cleaned by a licensed plumber. A clogged drain can cause water-backup and could cause a leak.
- Check the entire roof membrane for deterioration, holes, mechanical abuse areas, defects, separation at any seams and edges - if you see any of these problems, consider repairing them now, so you do not have to replace and tear-off your roof later - this could save you thousands of dollars.